Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday is movie night

Despite all of the hoopla over Netflix changing their pricing around, I jumped back on with them when we moved into our new place. We do not have cable, so having TV shows to watch whenever I want it a major plus. One that I am currently in love with is the cartoon Home Movies. The show is about an 8-year old boy who enjoys making home movies. He lives with his mom and baby sister and plays soccer. If you like the show Archer, you'll recognize Coach McGuirk, and love him.


I also really love Paula, Brendon's mom. She is a single mom who seems much more like my mom  sassy, mouthy, tough, and willing to do anything for her kids) than other moms out there in the cartoon world. Brendon and his two friends, Melissa and Jason, spend all of their free time making movies. That's right, kids spending time in a creative outlet and are encouraged by the adults in their lives to do so. Wonderful.

I'm hoping to get some more time tonight to watch one of the many documentaries in my queue, but I have been tied up playing Lego Harry Potter.

What is everyone else watching?

2 comments:

  1. Let's see:

    Dexter
    How I Met Your Mother
    Community
    Modern Family
    American Horror Story (creepy, twisted fun!)
    Psych
    Pan Am (still undecided about this one)
    Re-runs of Arrested Development (always)
    Just finished That 70s Show from front to back

    Yikes, apparently all I do is watch TV. Well, a girl's gotta have something to do if all she does is sit on her butt in front of her computer all the time I guess. :)

    P.S. I'm playing Words with Friends with your mom on Facebook right now. It's cute. (but not obnoxiously so...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I keep thinking that I need to watch Community and just have not committed yet. Maybe later tonight... Parks and Rec is another that I am completely dedicated to and I agree with always loving Arrested Development. I really want to watch the last season of Mad Men as well...

    Adorable - she is pretty good at Scrabble and Words with Friends and is kicking my butt right now. I'm on there too as memymarie - play with me!

    ReplyDelete