Tuesday, July 14, 2009

KaBOOOM


Oh Micheal Bay. You try so hard. Or not at all, I haven't figured out which.

I went to see Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen with my brother this past weekend. I'm making myself review it today because later tonight I'm off to see the midnight show of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and I'm pretty sure that's all I'm going to talk about for the rest of the week.

So, Transformers. I wasn't into the toys or cartoon show as a kid and can't really remember my brothers being into them either. I liked the first Transformers movie in that I got to sit in AC, eat popcorn and watch things blow up. I had a harder time in the first one telling the Autobots/Decepticons apart when they were fighting.

I loved Sam's mom. She was awesome but only in the first hour or half hour of the movie.

Plot-wise, you just have to suspend the notion that a movie should have a really gripping plot. There's a piece of that box from the last movie that makes Sam a little crazy and those Decepticons are after a machine that will destroy the sun.

Oh and now that I don't have to pretend to hate Shia anymore. I love him and his girly shrieks and rapid mumbling.

I think this movie had all the potential to be a good movie. They could have done so much more with the script in terms of Decepticons changing side and the morality of taking one life to save millions. But Bay just threw in some more explosions and called it a day. Which is what I expected, so I wasn't disappointed.

Fun note, when my brother and I parked at the movie theatre we parked next to a huge red semi truck.

I'll update the summer movie ranking later this week since I'm going to at least two more movies this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment