Monday, August 22, 2011

To Gram's house I go

I went to my Gram's yesterday for a long overdue visit. She made us dinner and she and I talked about quilts for a long time. She has closets full of quilts that she made as a girl and that her mother made and so on. They are all so pretty and fun and I'm really glad that she is teaching me to do the same. How cool do these old sewing books look?


She sent me on my way with a bag of her fabric scraps, pages copied from quilting books and a copy of Quilting magazine.


Today is my day off and I am just hanging out watching season four of Dexter and relaxing. I shopped around at the Goodwill today and picked up a few things, like this lovely green dress. I also planted a little chili plant I got at the farmers market:


I have another plant I grabbed this weekend but he isn't in the right pot yet so you'll have to wait for a photo of him. But I will give you a photo of my new drinking glass:







This reminds me of the drinking glasses my gram would always have for us kids.  Anyone else do any thrifting this past weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment