Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend in Photos

This weekend has been nice and relaxing. Yesterday Geoff and I went down to my family's and visited with my Gram and my siblings.  I got to show my Gram my quilt top and we had a good chat about the next steps and brainstormed what color should be the border and backing.  My dad (and Rachel) made us homemade pizza and we were able to grab more of our things from the garage.


My dad got a box of old wines at a garage sale for a few bucks and gave it to us. The labels are very cool and most are from the 80s and 70s. We tried to open a few and they had gone bad as expected, but the rest are just making the empty wine rack look classy. He also got me a box set of the Laura Ingalls Wilder books which I am super excited about. I adored those books as a kid and can't wait to re-read them.

My sister, the chef. She loves helping in the kitchen and made delish pizza dough!






Board games are a huge part of how my dad, brothers and I connect so of course we had to play one this weekend. Settlers of Cattan is known for driving my brothers from the room, but we talked Ryan into playing and he even won. If you like nerdy games that focus on dice and trading sheep for bricks, this game is for you. Also this set-up might be inspiring me for a new quilt design, possibly for my brother's Christmas present.

I've been doing a lot of work on my new Matryoshka doll quilt and have been brainstorming so many crafty things I want to do. Out new apartment has so much more space than I am used to, and I want to fill it with pieces that are handmade. 

And finally, a childhood photo of me with my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment