Here are my go-to cold survival tips:
- Don't fight it, just carry that roll of toilet paper around with you because you know you are going to need it and the thought of scurrying to the bathroom over and over is not appealing.
- Clothing is key. Sweatpants, ratty t-shirt and some sweater that you can pull off and on at a moment's notice. Also giant woolly socks.
- Hot Tea. My favorites are Good Earth original and Traditional Medicine's Throat Coat.
- The couch - something about being sick means that I need to be in the living room on the sofa wrapped in a quilt or two.
- A good book, or alternately, bad tv.