Sunday, July 24, 2011

heat wave!

Our AC is broken and Geoff, Taft, and I are all suffering. Thankfully we ran out and got a box fan this morning and I can finally think a little bit. I am a major baby when it comes to the heat and I have been pretty much useless for the past few days. I thought I would share my top five heat distractions this week:

1. Playing Final Fantasy VII. This is the best video game ever. No question. The story is lovely and well thought out and the music sets my head bopping. Also you get to ride giant chicken-dudes.

2. Working on my triangle quilt. I'm so close to finishing the top layer and while it is really too hot to think about using quilts, I like having something to do with my hands while I watch silly tv shows.

3.Watching TV shows. I got a chance to check out Sherlock (streaming on Netflix) and love it. Another great British show. And on the American front, we have been watching all of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and I am falling in love with the gang all over again.

4. Planning our trip to Minnesota next month. I am so excited to go back to my adopted home state of MN and see my dear friend get married. The fact that I get to stay with my best girlfriend is also great. And I get to meet her new addition to the family, her cat! I want to do so much in the three days that we are going to be up there. Geoff has never been to the Twin Cities and I want to show him where I lived and worked and hopefully he will love it as much as I do.

5. Worrying abut Taft. Taft is 18 1/2 pounds and has long hair so I have been worried about him in the heat. He has spent most of his time laying on the ceramic floor in the bathroom and licking the condensation off of my soda cans. But now that we have some air flowing he is doing a lot better. I've just been doting on him for the past few days.


I also can't stop singing this song to myself - such a great one!


Have a great day - stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment